Building and Land Guarantees have considerable experience in providing Environmental Insurance to protect land and property from damage caused by contamination on the land or in the surface water or ground water on a site. The policy cover generally extends to include damage to off-site land and property caused by the migration of contamination from the insured site.
We have arranged environmental insurance for thousands of properties from single dwellings to the large scale voluntary transfer of thousands of properties where these properties are being transferred from a Local Authority to a Registered Social landlord.
In addition to residential properties, we have also sourced cover for large former industrial sites with extensive, contaminative former uses which are either being redeveloped, or left dormant, but where there is concern over future migration of contamination offsite.
The types of sites we have arranged insurance protection for include:
• Manufacturing and Industrial plants
• Landfill sites
• Former petrol filling stations
• Sites where contamination is known to exist
• Large scale voluntary transfers
• Contractual requirements incorporated in Sale and Transfer agreements
The policy cover arranged is bespoke, but often includes the Legal and Engineering costs incurred in dealing with contamination, Potential regulatory Action under existing and future legislation and potential action for losses from Third Parties.
Who should be interested;
• Commercial Property Developers;
• House builders purchasing former contaminated sites for redevelopment;
• Property Owners;
• Commercial Tenants;
• Local Authorities;
• Registered Social Landlords;
• Charities and Wildlife organisations;
• Remediation Contractors;
• Associated professionals – Environmental Consultants, Project Managers, Structural Engineers;
• Solicitors undertaking Merger and Acquisition activity
• Institutional Investors;
• Pension Funds;
• Receivers and Administrators
Contact one of our specialists today, we will be happy to help you.
Get a quote
"*" indicates required fields